Welcome to Golden State University, an institution of higher learning in Northern California, not too far from San Francisco. It is known for several things: a strong political science and law department, a major college basketball team which played for the national championship in 2004, and for its rich science and technology departments which are primarily funded by GreenStone Technologies.
However, if someone was looking into things, they would discover some very interesting things:
– The Thaddeus Green Science Department which gives graduate students and faculty the freedom to work on theoretical science projects.
– A mysterious religious organization, called the Church of Blood, which has a strong membership at the university and the surrounding city/college town.
– The surrounding city/town is the base location for a gang known as the Harimau Darah, who have their fingers in various underworlds in the major west coast cities.
– A secretive ROTC-like/fraternity organization called Sigma Omega Iota. It is very secretive, and those who join do not speak about it.
You are coming onto this story as a student comes onto campus (or at least as a college-aged person, who will find work in a college-town), but you have a secret that few, if any know about. You have amazing abilities that you keep hidden from anyone but your closest friends/family and others who have similar abilities.
In this story, you will encounter friends, enemies, mysterious outside forces, and threats that you (or more your character) have never even dreamed of…
Who is ready?
Rules, prerequisites, and influences
1) This story is not based in any comic book universe. You can assume that your character sees your favorite superheroes in comic books and movies, and maybe that inspires them.
2) Original characters please. And no obvious copies (in other words, don’t submit Peter Walker who got bit by a radioactive Beetle).
3) My inspirations for the world building of this story is: Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, the Bryan Singer Singer X-Men movies, the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, the Arrow television series, Heroes, and Smallville. So, when creating your character, he or she should fit in that environment.
4) Specific thing about this world is that the public does not know of the existence of superheroes. There may be blogs, newspaper articles, and urban legends but no Justice League/Avengers or mainstream heroes.
5) Really think about your strengths and weaknesses (the ones I chose or your own). Incorporate these into your character.
6) For your character, along with everything else please include a basic origin of your characters powers, the extent of his or her powers, and the reasons why your character is to reside around Golden State University. If going to school, tell me what they want to study.
7) You do not need to come up with a superhero name. If your character was a crime-fighting superhero before coming to school, then creating a superhero name might be useful.
8) Think of the clothes that your character would wear when being a superhero. Go with clothes that you could purchase or get yourself.
9) Your character will be spending time both in and out of costume. So please plan on writing both sides. Let me know who they are as a person as well as who they are as a hero. As an idea, maybe think of what group/clique they fit into in high school, and then whether they would want to still be in that clique or if they would be trying to break free from that group. (like a jock looking to make the basketball team, or the popular student whose powers made them a pariah, and now they have to start from scratch).
10) I don’t need everyone to post all the time, but please be prepared to check in at least twice a week to the board and at least but a comment in the comment section.
Any other questions, feel free to let me know. I’m making most of this up as I go. I have strong ideas, but I’m pretty adaptable too. I look forward to seeing everyone.
Hosted and narrated by:
Robert Schwabe (rjschwabe)
Scenes played: 6
License: Community License