It was the perfect day.
The sun was shinning, the sky a bright, bold, beautiful blue. The birds were singing and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Yet still, something felt… off. Almost as if you were in some sort of dream, walking about in a daze. Even as you interact with your family, your friends, even your coworkers it seems to be as if you are watching yourself from outside your own body. Still, you don’t seem to mind. Everything was going your way. You felt overwhelmed with a pervading sense of peace and tranquility –
– even though something felt off.
You couldn’t put your finger on it. You simply supposed that it was nothing. After all, what could go wrong on such a beautiful, perfect day? Maybe you got that promotion at work, maybe you won the lottery. Either way – things are looking up for you. That cannot be denied. You think to yourself that this must be the best day of yourself so far. Even if you are walking through it in a complete daze.
That was until of course, something went wrong.
Until you stepped off the roof. Or shot yourself in the face. Or maybe you swallowed some pills. Or even hung yourself from your ceiling fan. All without a care in the world – all while your mind screamed at your body to stop the motions it was going through. For someone else to stop you. Praying to anything that something would snap you out of it and save your life.
When the black took you, you died with the knowledge that someone else… something else took your life.
It was all over.
Or so you thought, when you woke up alone, in place you never recognized. With no memory save for your own death and a name that you know isn’t really yours.
Application Notes: PLEASE READ
1) Your bio should be you describing your last day on earth. Your last perfect day before you mysteriously take your own life against your will. After that a paragraph or two about who your character is as a person would be awesome!
2) Your name chosen for your character will be utterly forgotten, replaced by the title of your nature card.
3) Please also detail one power your character obtains upon waking in your bio. It does not have to be your strength card although it can be.
4) In the COMMENT Section before you send in your application please tell me one deep, disturbing secret your character has in the past. Maybe they killed someone, maybe they set someone else up. Maybe your character switched genders. It has to be the kind of thing that your character doesn’t want anyone else to know. One thing that they would kill to have it die with them alone.
5) There will only be one player accepted per nature. If you have an idea for a player created nature please PM to discuss first! I’m totally open to working things out. Also existing nature cards can be twisted to suit your characters needs. They are merely starting points to give you inspiration.
6) The natures will give you a basis for your character. I’m looking for applications that take the framework I give you and make something awesome. (Also remember that just because a card says queen or something that might make you think male/female – every nature is open to all genders). (Good themes for alternative nature cards include: Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass Names, Tarot Suits and Normal Playing Cards Suits.)
7) Reminder that your character will wake up in game with NO memories aside from: how they died – and knowing that they didn’t take their own life. Some one, Something MADE them do it. As well as the title of their nature card.
Hosted and narrated by:
Caitlyn Burleigh (Nyctores)
Scenes played: 14
License: Community License