Weyland-Yutani Research Station USCSS Epsilon will be positioned in orbit of planetoid LV-426. The corporation has determined that LV-426 is of scientific and strategic importance, but has not provided any details. A full mission briefing should be available on arrival at the destination. Due to the sensitive nature of this mission, the crew compliment will consist of both scientific and military personnel in order to ensure the safety of those aboard.
Who This Is For?
Does the idea of being eviscerated by an unstoppable killing machine sound awesome? Then this is the Story for you!
The expectation here is that you play ignorant: Your character has no idea what a xenomorph is and will likely come to a have an inside-out understanding of the subject.
As far as tone, I’d like to lean a bit more on the science-y stuff up front, and then lean on the action as that begins to make sense. That said, I will run the angle that makes the most sense based on the characters people make! : D
Central to the theme, this game will allow player elimination. If you are killed (likely!), you will be retired from the game. To be crystal clear, I’m not interested in antagonizing players, but I am interested in staying true to the fiction. Humans are fragile, but they’re also capable of powerful acts of courage when against impossible odds.
That’s what this Story is about.
How many players?
• Up to four (non-pilot) military characters.
• Up to four corporate employees.
We won’t start until we have at least 4, but I’d prefer 6-8.
Content Warning/The Palette:
• There will be brutal descriptions of violence.
• There will NOT be Sexual violence or the implication there of.
• Given the nature of the story, I would prefer not to include children unless everyone actively wants to include them. As such any relevant references to children should remain violence free.
What do I need to know about characters?
I’ll provide you with most of what you should need. There are lots of cards! You’ll get your toys during play. If you have an idea for something that’s not represented, feel free to create new cards, but please understand if I reject it.
I will also impose limits on quantities of character roles, so I’ll let you know if anything needs to change.
Special Things: Each Nature will get special Asset cards at the beginning of play! Awww yis!
Can I be a synthetic?
Note: We have a synthetic submission, so they’ll probably get it, pending other applications. I’ll update this if they change their mind.
You can be a synthetic! Synthetics are talented and durable in ways humans cannot be, but they have difficulty interacting with people. You will receive additional special Assets if you do so, but there are some requirements. There can also only be one.
Rather than make it a Nature, I’d prefer you to be able to have more choice in your role, but there are some requirements:
• Your name should be a first name only (ex: David, Bishop, and Ash). Please include “(Synthetic)” after your name.
• I would prefer you not select a military Nature.
• I would prefer you not select the “Leadership” Strength.
• You must select the “Aloof” Weakness. You may use your Wilds freely.
• You must select one of the Subplots marked for Synthetic. This is your prime directive, you cannot act in discordance with it. You must ALWAYS keep a copy of this Subplot, unless otherwise pre-arranged.
I’ll be testing some ideas for how to use assets to layer on some additional game design to support the theme.
I’m new to this, so bare with with me! : D
Waiting on the final confirmation, then we’ll blast-off.
Hosted and narrated by:
Clayton Grey (LaboratoryGrey)
Scenes played: 2
License: Community License