This story will be told in English, no French required.
May contain sexual themes.
A group of three childhood friends who make up the illustrious band of thieves known as Les Rossignols (The Nightingales). They live in the Church of Saint-Antoine with Mother Colette, a nun who took them in and raised them. She is an old woman who usually turns a blind eye to their capers, but one day she asks for their help in retrieving a certain painting before she leaves this world for good. Her children are more than happy to help her retrieve what is lost, but it lands them into a sticky web of political scheming and upheaval.
• This game will take place in a Historical France-inspired fantasy world with characters and events based loosely off of the Romantic era and novels (mostly The Three Musketeers). It is also inspired by The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (if you are not familiar with either of the novels, or the Romantic era & works, still feel free to apply! I’m not trying to be too much like them.)
• There won’t be any magic or mythical creatures, but more of an occult theme featuring alchemy and possibly ghosts & spirits.
I am looking for people to fill roles for the three main characters. I’m leaving it up to you to decide who they will be, but here’s a few guidelines:
(Feel free to change up the strength/weaknesses/subplots)
• The Brains: the first one to be taken it by Mother Colette. They were originally going to take over her role in the clergy, so they are well-versed in scripture and the Classical languages. But as they grew older, they lost interest in taking up the cloth, but not their thirst for knowledge. They often sneak into the Royal Library for advanced and hidden knowledge.
• The Charmer: They are very conscientious about their appearance and they are very good at acting and mimicry. They often frequent La Brasserie Acacia for their beer and atmosphere.
• The Doer: They always like to be doing something and they don’t sit still. Can be a bit of a maverick. They like to frequent a brothel called La Petite Mort to fulfill their odd kinks.
To keep with the French theme, they need a French-ish name! They’re not blood-related, so surnames can be different. Here are some sites I like to use:
I’m going for a mostly light-hearted tone with plenty of banter. There will be serious moments, but I’m sure you’ll be able to tell what is what.
I’m a first time narrator, and still trying to get my bearings in Storium, so if you’re super super serious, I might let you down. I set the expectations to casual, since I’m very busy with work and might not always have the energy to post. I can promise I won’t go more than 3 days without posting (unless otherwise stated) I also do not expect players to be sitting there refreshing the page in anticipation, but to try and keep a steady post-flow so interest won’t be lost (hopefully). Commenting is encouraged!
Hosted and narrated by:
Scenes played: 8
License: Community License