This is the prequel mini-game in which we put together the basics of the setting that will be used for a high fantasy game. Behold the rules!
1) Every player gets three Included cards and three Banned cards. You will not get a hand refill, but there won’t be enough choices for everyone to play six cards, so play freely!
2) Each potential setting element is a single-card challenge. Play a card to mark out that setting element as either Included or Banned, and give a sentence or two suggesting something interesting related to that element’s inclusion (or absence) in the setting. For example:
Dragons: Banned -> “The ecological niche of giant flying predators is filled by enormous vampire bats; they are not, despite the name, affiliated with the vampires of the cities.”
Dragons: Included -> “Among dragons, intelligence is inversely proportional to size. It’s not uncommon to see tiny drakes coaxing enormous dim-witted dragons towards something useful for the drake’s clever plan. (This often doesn’t work, but the drakes keep trying anyway, bless their hearts.)”
3) Remember, anything Included in the setting will be a major part of game setup; anything Banned is guaranteed not to be in the setting at all.
4) Minigame play will end, and the new Storium game will be created, when everyone who’s signed up for this section has had a chance to play at least one Included and one Banned and the narrator thinks like the setting sounds like fun. This may take up to two scenes, to let people play as many cards as they’d like, but no more.
5) Remember: high fantasy. There’s gonna be a lot of magic in this setting no matter what, so use that for your descriptions with your choices.
Hosted and narrated by:
Scenes played: 2
License: Community License