Arcane magic: the most secret and reviled of the Arts. Its followers are shunned, its practice strictly forbidden except by Royal License. No one knows where the Wizard came from, but he defied the natural order and built The Tower – a floating megalith in the skies above The Kingdom.
Commoners spoke in hushed whispers of the unholy research conducted there. Of the strange beasts seen flying from its gates to lands unknown. Of the howling heard on certain nights when the moon was full. On clear, cloudless days, they swore that they could even see the Wizard himself, tending to a weird, twisted garden on his vast balcony.
Of course, The Kingdom placed a bounty on this vagrant’s head. Many parties set out to destroy The Tower and remove its shadow from the land – some sponsored by The King or the Church, others by private bounty-hunters. None succeeded.
You were part of a failed expedition to The Tower. You arrived with a group of like-minded peers, in pursuit of wealth or glory and engaged The Tower’s defences. The last thing you remember is a flash of brilliant green light.
And then you woke up.
– This is an adventure/horror game for 4-6 players.
– I’ll be looking for the characters that best fit the genre and the existing party.
– Basic resources will be limited/restricted to what you find in-game.
– This is a single adventure, not an on-going campaign. The story ends when you find your way off the tower, or when the last character dies.
– You can play a magic-using character (e.g. the Alchemist), but NPCs and other characters will be rightfully suspicious of you.
Please include in your character description:
Some background on your prior adventuring party. Give at least one NPC that came with you to the tower.
Please include in your notes to the narrator:
A secret agenda OR a secret weakness. It doesn’t necessarily have to be your character’s secret – an NPC could be counting on your confidence and/or discretion in a sensitive matter.
Hosted and narrated by:
Willow Willis (Willow)
Scenes played: 5
License: Community License