Several unknown heroes have recently received troubling visions, seemingly from a much younger Merlin about a coming threat to Camelot that only the few heroes this spell has reached can stop. Apparently, there are a few members of Camelot’s court who are conspiring against the King and his just reign, hoping to put a much more wicked king on the throne.
It is up to the heroes to keep this from happening. They will have to fight foes, both human and monstrous, as well as tiptoe around politically treacherous areas in order to prevent a calamitous disaster.
This story is an arthurain adventure that revolves around the tragic fall of King Arthur and his knights. A handful of unknown heroes have received a message from merlin’s younger self that will allow them to possibly re-write the ending to this tragic tale. Though the fantasy classic deck is what I am using, I have edited it significantly to fit more into a “knights of the Round Table” setting, though I have still left things open. Also, I still allow for creation of cards.
this game will be about ten to twelve scenes long, and I want to run it at a normal pace, though flexibility is in my head for this game. There will be no word limits and comments will be private.
here are a few things to consider when joining this game.
- I am blind and cannot provide art for any of my custom cards, which I use frequently. I don’t require art from my players either.
- all characters in this story are to be human.
- If you reference knights of the round table in your bios, please use ones from Arthurian myth and don’t make them up yourself, though I want your characters to be completely original.
- I don’t require my platers in this story to write in fake old or middle English, and in fact, I would prefer that you not write that way and write more naturally.
- my challenges tend to be specific, but branching, with players picking 1 of 2 or three possible outcomes when they finish one that will affect the story down the line.
- I would prefer that players write in the past tense, though I don’t care if it’s first or third person.
I will leave the game open until when I go to bed on December 7th, when I will select three or four players from those who apply. Or all of them if not enough join to make that number.
Hosted and narrated by:
Zachary Ruffing (Rattannah)
Scenes played: 19
License: Community License