It is the year 1902 and a horrific 3-way war has broken out between the imperial powers of the world and two brilliant inventors, one a master of the waves, and the other a master of the skies.
Over the past several years, the anti-imperialist Captain Nemo has been terrorizing shipping and military vessels throughout the world and his fleet of submarines, with technology decades beyond anything the imperialist powers could make, has threatened interests around the world.
Meanwhile a brilliant American scientist has decided to take it upon himself to rid the world of war forever by utterly destroying any military instalations or any soldiers he encounters with his squads of airships, which are as superior to what the nations have as Nemo’s submarines are to those of the national navies.
The two inventors are also at odds with one another, with Robur, who calls himself “The Master of the World,” seeing Nemo as just another loathsome soldier and Nemo viewing the aviator as too much of an extremist.
The heroes are agents of the imperial powers, who are to use new, though scarce, vehicles and equipment to help win the war against the technologically-superior inventors.
This story is inspired by “20,000 leagues under the sea,) the part of “the Mysterious Island,” that reveals Nemo’s backstory, “Robur the Conqueror,” and its sequel “Master of the World,” as well as the movie adaptation of the last one.
Of course, I’ve also added a strong steampunk element of my own.
guidelines for this tory.
- I am blind and cannot provide images for my custom cards or challenges. I don’t require art of my players.
- characters are more or less going to have a happy ending. I’m more concerned about the journey.
- I try to go as fast as possible, but am willing to slow down if needed.
- there will be no world limits and comments will be private.
- feel free to make custom cards, I encourage it.
- I will leave open invitations up till Sunday april 12 in the morning and then will select the best 4 players submitted to my game.
- you may submit more than one character for me to pick from, but I will only pick one per user.
- because of the time period I have this story set in, please have your characters either come from, or at least work for the governments of one of the following countries: Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Denmark, Austria-Hungary, Turkey, Russia, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, or Japan. (The U.S. was not a power yet, so Americans aren’t allowed.)
- feel free to break gender rules and create female characters if you like.
Hosted and narrated by:
Zachary Ruffing (Rattannah)
Scenes played: 2
License: Community License