Attention Populace! Your beloved STV (Storium Television) is casting for the premiere season of what will soon be everyone’s favorite reality competition show: And Then There Was One! If you are 18 or older and would like to win 2 million dollars, sign up today!
For those who need more information before jumping into such a thing, here’s an overview of the competition: The cast is set in a house, where you will live for the duration of your time on the show; you will not be allowed to leave the property. You will be divided into two teams. These teams will compete in challenges. The winning team each week ensures their safety. At the end of the week, someone from the losing team will be evicted - voted out by their fellow housemates. Eventually we will get down to one final contestant, and this person will win 2 million dollars!
OOC: This story will play out much as the rules above lay out. Here are some clarifications, to make things easier to understand.
1) The description above is a fair representation of how this story will run. It will be similar to Big Brother meets Survivor. As it says, it’s the first season. If it’s successful, I will have more seasons.
2) The contestants will be much like those on any reality competition show - people of all ages, genders, races, occupations, talents, etc., so feel free to be creative. However, this is based in reality. No werewolves, witches, or aliens (though if you want your character to be a bit delusional and think they are or know a supernatural creature, that’s just fine!) Just remember, they will have applied to be on a television show, and the producers will have chosen them.
3) In following with #2, feel free to create your own Nature, Strength, Weakness, and Subplot cards. I just picked a handful that might work.
4). Some challenges will be completed a little differently than the typical Storium story. At the beginning of the competition, each team will be assigned either Strength or Weakness. You will play cards based on your team to try to push the challenge to that outcome in order for your team to “win”. Therefore, it will be to your advantage to be active, to help keep your spot in the house secure. (But you will still want to have typical Strength/Weakness cards, as you will be using them to mingle in the house and complete challenges; they just won’t be used in the typical way during competitions.)
5) Yes, people really will be “evicted”. At the end of the “week” (not a real week, depends on the speed of play), everyone will vote for a member of the losing team and the person with the most amount of votes will no longer participate in the story. I won’t delete your character, to enable you to easily continue to follow the story (unless you decide to post as though you were still in the house, of course).
6) As I said above, not everything will just be competitions and evictions. There will be ample opportunity for your characters to interact within the house and complete more typical challenges. How you use this time is up to you - your characters may just goof off, they may form alliances. It’s up to you.
7) I don’t know how many people I’m going to start with yet. I think there will be pretty many. Depends on the quantity and quality of submissions.
8) I hope I have made this clear enough. I know it’s a little different. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! You may submit them in the comments when you enter your character, you may ask them in the commentary once you have been accepted, or you may e-mail me at email@example.com
Hosted and narrated by:
Megan Schmieder (Meegs)
Scenes played: 15
License: Community License