Terms of Service (obsolete)
This is an earlier, obsolete version of Storium’s Terms of Service, originally published on 3/1/2016. It no longer applies and is provided here only for historical reference. Storium’s current, active Terms of Service are found here.
The Storium website is a service of Protagonist Labs, Inc. ("Protagonist"). By using Storium after the effective date of these Terms of Service, you agree to the following terms and to their retroactive application as to all prior use of Storium.
- Storium is not directed at people under 13. You must be 13 years or older to use Storium. If you are over 13 and under 18, you must have the permission of a parent or guardian. If you know a user is under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may not abuse, harass, threaten, invade the privacy of, or intimidate anyone in any way using any part or function of the site.
- You may not use Storium for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and personal information secure.
- You are responsible for your conduct and any content you post on Storium, including data, text, images, and links.
- You may not modify, adapt or hack Storium; or transmit any worms, viruses, or destructive code via Storium; or modify another website to falsely imply that it is associated with Storium.
- You may not violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including copyright laws).
- You use of Storium is subject to any other applicable agreements, including the code of conduct and the game license for any game in which you participate.
- Protagonist is not responsible for the content posted on Storium, and you use Storium at your own risk. You understand that you might be exposed to offensive, unlawful, or harmful content using Storium. Protagonist may, but has no obligation to, remove content that we determine in our sole discretion is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades the privacy of others, or is otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Protagonist may refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Protagonist may modify or terminate Storium for any reason, at any time, without notice.
- Protagonist may modify these Terms of Service for any reason, at any time, without notice. If we do, we will post the modification on the site, provide you with conspicuous notice of the modification, and update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page. You may then decide to continue to use Storium subject to those modifications.
- You own all of the original content that you post on Storium. Your rights in the content are subject to the game license of the game in which it appears. Protagonist makes no claim of ownership to any content you post on Storium. You grant Protagonist a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, store, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, and translate any content you post on Storium. Protagonist may only use such content on Storium or for the purpose of operating or marketing Storium. The license to display your content on the Storium site terminates when it is deleted in accordance with Storium’s current deletion policies. (See the “Copyright” and “Deletions” pages for more information.)
- Protagonist may charge fees for your use of Storium and may modify those fees at any time. We will notify you in advance of any changes.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Protagonist, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, agents, service providers, attorneys, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through Storium, your use of Storium, your violation of the Terms of Service or any applicable law, or your violation of any rights of another person.
- At our sole discretion, violation of any of these terms may result in the termination of your Storium account or some other penalty such as suspension or restricted use.