Storium is place for people of every kind to tell stories from their imaginations. Everyone has different ideas of what makes up a good story — and thank goodness for that, because it makes the world a more interesting place! — but since Storium is a collaborative experience it requires players to bring a spirit of cooperation and openmindedness to the table.
To ensure that Storium remains a vibrant and welcoming community, we expect all users to adhere to this code of conduct. Violators may find their content removed or their access revoked. And that’s no fun for anyone!
1. Play well with others: Reflect Storium’s spirit of collaboration by keeping a constructive attitude. Abusive language, hostility, hate, bullying, or harassment of any kind are not permitted on Storium, nor is spamming or the marketing of outside services or products.
2. Respect boundaries: We’re all here to play and have fun, but it’s important to remember that storytelling can be an intensely personal experience. Some stories explore topics that some people may find inappropriate, disturbing, or even painful. Keep an open dialog with your fellow players. If your game goes in a direction that bothers you, speak up. Conversely, if one of your fellow players raises a concern, take them seriously. And if someone doesn’t want to engage with you in Storium’s forums, private messaging system, or elsewhere, be considerate and don’t push it. Finally, never share or expose other people’s personal information.
3. If you see a problem, let us know: This is your community, too, so please help us keep it healthy. Click the “report” link in our forums and the private messaging system if you see behavior that is not in keeping with this code of conduct. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
4. Stay on topic: Please use the appropriate category when posting in our forums. It’s especially helpful if product feedback, support issues, and technical requests are posted in Storium’s dedicated Feedback section. That’s because our feedback system enables us to categorize, prioritize, and follow-up on such issues far more effectively than we can in the forums.
5. Follow the rules: In addition to this code of conduct, our forums are also subject to Storium’s terms of service.
Storium will investigate reported violations of this code of conduct and of our terms of service and determine whether or not the violation merits a warning, the removal of content, or, in some cases, revocation of the violator’s access to Storium.
Note that Storium will work to maintain a respectful and safe environment even outside of these rules, and we’ll step in at any time if we deem it necessary.