In 1969, a luxurious Warsaw Hotel is hosting a lavish function behind the Iron Curtain. Diplomats local and foreign, wealthy citizens, and even the odd benighted noble will be in attendance, along with all manner of socialites and hangers-on. The field is ripe for a few cunning operatives from both sides to take advantage to trade and steal information - or to be caught in the act.
There is only one reality-shattering guideline. This hotel has one point of entrance and egress: the gated front door. If the gate is locked, the players cannot leave.
This is a party, not a guns-out massacre - at least at the beginning. I will provide missions / immediate circumstantial data / inventory information in the opening scene, utilizing elements from your backstory and your card selections.
This story is a fluid string of events that can be altered, encouraged or averted by player actions. I will be providing time stamps at the beginning and end of each scene.
1. This game will be run in third person past tense.
2. I prefer to retain control over all NPCs, but if, for the sake of expediency, you wish to include reactionary dialogue or action, just toss me a note in comments for approval.
3. The nature of espionage dictates that there may be a lot of solo work in different areas for individual players or player groups. Some scenes may not include everyone; I will give a list in the opening description. If it is not your scene, please wait your turn.
4. I would like this story to roll smoothly and without delays. If you are absent for two days without dropping us a note and a scene is on hold events shall contrive to remove you from the scene. If you are absent for a week you shall be retired … possibly with extreme prejudice.
5. This story includes the potential for player vs. player physical conflict. Those conflicts will be resolved between the players themselves in commentary. I will make suggestions, hint at potential outcomes and, if necessary, make a binding decision regarding the final disposition.
The more backstory you give me the more tailoring I can give your individual experience.
You may create your own cards if you wish (and on strengths, weaknesses and subplots I heartily encourage it), but consider the setting carefully. Anachronism makes me sad. Sad narrators kill characters.
Story dynamics trump card mechanics, but expect to have the opportunity to refresh your decks on a regular basis.
Scenes will at some point include violence and strong language.
Weak outcomes are perfectly acceptable.
If you have private questions or concerns regarding the story or your character, you can reach me at VaeroM@hotmail.com.
Hosted and narrated by:
Scenes played: 13
License: Community License